Jr/Sr High School Principal
Principal for Rockford Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School
Rockford Lutheran School (RLS) seeks to fill the position of Jr. & Sr. High School Principal beginning with the 2023-2024 academic year. Rockford Lutheran Jr/Sr High School is a co-educational, private Christian upper school serving over 400 students in grades 6 through 12 from throughout the Rockford and surrounding Stateline area. The Rockford Lutheran School ministry is based on three guiding principles central to its purpose statement and the overall mission of RLS: seeking academic excellence, being a Christ-centered Christian community, and developing leadership in service.
The Mission of RLS is be the provider of an exceptional college preparatory education in a challenging and inspiring Christian environment.
In keeping with this mission and purpose, the Principal of Rockford Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School is the senior leader for the upper school campus and serves on the school-wide Executive Council leadership team reporting to the Head of School. While providing overall effective and exemplary Christian leadership, the Principal is responsible for the supervision, motivation and development of all teachers and staff within the school, oversight and management of school curricula, attracting and developing the highest caliber teaching faculty, the implementation and clear communications of school policies and crafting efficient procedures with an eye towards continuous quality improvement, and representing the school to the community working collaboratively with the Head of School, Enrollment Management and Advancement staff to maintain strong levels of support for the student and program needs of the Jr./Sr. High School.
- Understand the needs of ecumenically diverse high school students as they develop spiritually together in the junior and senior high school setting.
- Provide focus and alignment of all aspects of the Rockford Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School to our shared belief statements as a Lutheran characterized, Christian school.
- Be bold in his/her personal sharing of the Gospel and its life changing influences.
- Demonstrate passion for the Christian mission of Rockford Lutheran School and promote aggressive actions to achieve it.
- Be skilled at faculty selection, motivation and development with the goal of bringing both academic excellence and strong Christian witnesses to students.
- Incorporate Scripture and Lutheran doctrine as the foundation for decision making in the school and in all communications.
- Ensure effective use of assessment methods to regularly evaluate instructional and curricular choices to maintain the highest level of student learning as a college-preparatory high school.
- Honor the past successes of the school while visioning appropriate change for improvement.
- Champion a best-practice and research-informed culture of excellence in teaching and learning that incorporates 21st Century skills development and pedagogy methods.
- Be insightful into the individual development of teachers to maximize professional growth.
- Support the use of technology in the academic program of the school, including the 1:1 device program.
- Promote student participation in high-quality extracurricular activities that support the development of lifelong healthy habits.
- Enthusiastically and personally support students in a wide-range of activities and be visible at a wide range of school activities, including clubs, athletics, fine arts, service, admissions and fundraising events.
- Models Christian servant leadership and the values of service, supports and encourages the development of these traits in others and understands the power of recognition of these traits as they emerge in students.
- Purposely capitalizes on the diversity in the student body to promote social growth for all.
Candidates interested in this position should complete the RLS Teacher Employment Application found on the website at https://www.rockfordlutheran.org/employment. Email a letter of interest, current resume and completed employment application to: Stephanie Androwich, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Rockford Lutheran School, ATTN: Stephanie Androwich, HR/Benefits Administrator, 3411 N. Alpine Rd. Rockford, IL 61114.
Nominations are also encouraged and should include a letter of recommendation and current contact information for the nominee and should also be emailed to Mrs. Androwich at the same address. For consideration, all candidates must be a confirmed member of a Lutheran Church with either the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) or The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). Preference will be given to candidates on the LCMS roster or be eligible and willing to attain that status