This 2 part workshop introduces and explores the art of active listening. You will discover how to connect deeply with colleagues, students, parents, & community stakeholders. You will explore and begin to understand the powerful connections made through active listening.
Targeted “Take-Aways”/Learning Objectives — Each participant will:
● Acquire a basic understanding of the characteristics of active listening.
● Gain confidence in their ability to connect deeply and encourage people through active listening.
● Gain confidence in their role as a leader in their context, specifically communicating more effectively with colleagues, students, parents, and community stakeholders.
● Acquire clarity surrounding the fact that active listening is a skill that can be practiced and improved upon.
● Participants will have an opportunity to practice basic active listening skills in pairs or triads. Participants are encouraged to bring personal stories and experiences to share, as well as enthusiasm and curiosity regarding what they may learn about classmates and about themselves.
● Participants are expected to log in on time and bring an understanding and observance of appropriate “Zoom etiquette.” https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/383772
● Throughout the training, participants are encouraged to consider how developing and practicing the incredible skill of intentional, powerful listening may deepen their connections, personally and professionally!
Jamie Graham Duprey is not (yet) a New York Times bestselling author, but she loves reading books that are. A sucker for inspirational sports movies and a coach at heart, Jamie loves finding the best in and encouraging everyone she meets. She recently followed her pastor husband’s call from the mountains of Montana to the Black Hills of South Dakota. She knows very well the Holy Spirit has a sense of humor, and doesn’t pretend to know where she, her just-keeps-getting-cuter husband, three adorably hilarious children, and their Wackadoodle Ozzie may be blown next.